Pilot curriculum, join a PLC, and more
Inclusion strategies can energize instruction for all learners and expand opportunities for them to make a difference in their communities. Tap these powerful support resources to explore new ideas and tools in your classroom.
Apply for a Learning for Justice Educator Grant
- Read about how teacher Wendy Harris used a Learning for Justice grant to engage DeafBlind students to make a difference at her school.
- Link for more information about the grant.
Pilot Reform to Equal Rights: K-12 Disability History Curriculum
- Link to Disability History curriculum pilot sign-up.
- Teachers select units of interest to them to pilot and review.
- Orientation (optional) for the curriculum will take place September 28, 4:00-5:00pm Eastern time. Register using the Disability History curriculum pilot sign-up link. (Will be recorded.)
- Massachusetts teachers who complete the pilot review (including 09-28 orientation) will earn 10 PDPs. (Teachers from outside Massachusetts will get a letter documenting completion.)
- Emerging America will publish the final version of the free curriculum in February 2023. Supported by a Library of Congress Teaching with Primary of Sources grant.
Pilot ESL lessons featuring primary sources or Join a PLC bringing together ESL and Social Studies teachers
- Link to interest form is https://tinyurl.com/PLC-Pilot
- As part of their Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources project, the Massachusetts Council for the Social Studies (MCSS) will be offering a professional learning community (PLC) for 16 teachers (8 history/social studies & 8 ESL teachers, conducted with virtual meetings.
- The PLC will meet for 5 one-hour sessions between October and February.
- The focus will be
- using best primary source practices in ESL classes
- using best language development practices in social studies classes
- ways ESL and social studies teachers can learn from each other
- MCSS also will be developing new ESL curriculum that features primary source materials for elementary, middle, and high school, and seek 9 ESL teachers to pilot it. Participating teachers will receive stipends upon completion of the curriculum review and/or the PLC, ESL teachers may be selected to join one or both groups. Link to interest form is https://tinyurl.com/PLC-Pilot Please direct questions to email@example.com.