National Council for the Social Studies Conference - December 2-4, 2022 - Philadelphia
Mark your calendars! - Info on NCSS Conference.
Join thousands of colleagues from across the U.S. at this powerful and engaging event. Hundreds of workshops and posters. An outstanding line-up of speakers and resources.
Workshops on Inclusion
How to Integrate Disability History into the Curriculum: We Can and We Must
- Rich Cairn, Emerging America
- Friday, December 2 - 10:05-10:35am - Marriott Franklin 11 (4th floor)
- History class typically ignores disability or uncritically portrays objects of pity. Free, primary source-rich lessons recast common history topics using a lens of an empowering centuries-long struggle for equality.
“A Rosetta Stone” to Translate History Activities with Primary Sources
- Casey Cullen, Massachusetts Council for the Social Studies, Westborough High School
- Allison Audet,
- Friday, December 2 - 3:10-3:40pm - Marriott Franklin 12 (4th floor)
- Try out engaging history activities with primary sources that translate history content to literacy learning objectives. Customize a “Rosetta Stone” annotated unit plan.
"Social Studies and History Methods That Include –– and Strengthen –– English learners"
- Alison Noyes, Emerging America and Massachusetts Council for the Social Studies
- Saturday, December 3 - 11:30am - 12:30pm - Convention Center Reg Bridge West
- Learn about our initiative to create “Rosetta Stone” lesson plans with illustrative examples for social studies teachers that translate ESL learning objectives into engaging history activities with primary sources.