EMERGING AMERICA HISTORY eNEWS Vol. 5, Issue 26 for June 27, 2018
- Note - There will be no Emerging America History eNews on July 4
- The proposed revised SMK Guidelines are open through June 29, 2018. Public Comment: Subject Matter Knowledge (SMK) Guidelines (May–June 2018)
- The Collaborative for Educational Services is excited to partner with The Buck Institute for Education (BIE) for the Project Based Learning Institute. This four-day workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to design, assess, and manage a rigorous, standards-based project - August 13-16, 9am-4pm - Fee Apples - Register
of Elementary and Secondary Education
Passes 2018 History and Social Science Framework!
Updated Framework: http://www.doe.mass.edu/bese/docs/FY2018/2018-06/item2.html
Applicants for working papers at Massachusetts Department of Education (MA DOE) Building.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts.
EVENTS @ EMERGING AMERICA - Info & Registration.
Contact email@example.com. HISTORY AND CIVICS EDUCATION COURSES:
- July 5 - August 5 - Fully online. The American War in Vietnam - Kelley Brown and Chris Appy. $35. Register.
- July 18-20 - CES, Northampton - Teaching Grades K-5 Civic Engagement and Social Studies. $125. Register.
- July 30-31 - Boston Public Library - Immigration and Maps - Register.
ACCESSING INQUIRY FOR ALL LEARNERS June sessions cancelled. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your district would like to host this course at no charge to the district or to teachers from the district.
- CANCELLED - June 26-27 - North Adams ($72.50) Free to teachers of North Adams Public Schools.
- CANCELLED - June 28-29 - Springfield ($72.50) Free to teachers of Springfield Public Schools.
NEW RESOURCES AT THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
- TPS Teachers Network - Teachers with experience working with primary sources are welcome to join this network.
- Featured this week - YOU MUST LOG-IN FIRST FOR THESE LINKS TO WORK:
- Feature Discussions:
Library of Congress Teacher Blog http://blogs.loc.gov/teachers/
- Documenting World War I: Women Photographers on the Front Lines
- Using Literary Maps in the Classroom
OTHER RECOMMENDED EVENTS - Across Massachusetts and the U.S
- July 7 - 10am (1.5hr tour) - Sojourner Truth Memorial Committee - Walk Through Florence - Various Leaders - also August 11, September 8, and October 13
- July 14 - 9am-4pm - Historic Deerfield - Out of the Ordinary: Variations in New England Building Practices - Info and Registration
- July 23-27 - TPS - UArts - A is for Everything: How Typography Shapes our Language and Culture - Info and Registration
- July 23-27 - TPS - UArts - City as Primary Source: Connecting the City, Local Collections, and the Library of Congress - Info and Registration
- July 23-27 - TPS-UArts - Comics + Graphic Novels as Primary Sources - Info and Registration
- September 28-30 - Historic Deerfield Symposium - Fashion and Conflict in Early America - Info and Registration
- Teaching Tolerance - “We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams”
- Teaching Tolerance - Teaching on the Border
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon - Teaching with Music at Mount Vernon - Info
********************************** EmergingAmerica.org History eNews welcomes YOUR news & events. Published Wednesdays; deadline Sunday noon. Archived at http://EmergingAmerica.org/blog. - Reply to email@example.com to be removed from this list. Register for CES events. Teacher-created lessons, primary source sets, & assessments at: http://EmergingAmerica.org. Follow Emerging America on Twitter and Facebook.