- Edward M. Kennedy Institute - Americans speak on the United States Senate - Poll
- 76% of voters say that most senators are out of touch with the people in their states
- Overall, 28% of voters say that they are satisfied with the U.S. Senate and 72% are dissatisfied, including 34% who are very dissatisfied.
CIVICS Bill PASSES!
Read the language of the bill. A watershed moment in Massachusetts history. Civic engagements gets a major boost. Now the hard work to implement begins!
Youth Facilitators Speak Out at Civic Education Institute July 24-26
Watch for several courses from Emerging America this fall.
EVENTS @ EMERGING AMERICA - Info & Registration.
Contact email@example.com. HISTORY AND CIVICS EDUCATION COURSES: Fall schedule available soon.
- July 30-31 - Boston Public Library - Immigration and Maps - Register. (Waiting list only.)
NEW RESOURCES AT THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
- TPS Teachers Network - Teachers with experience working with primary sources are welcome to join this network.
- Featured this week - YOU MUST LOG-IN FIRST FOR THESE LINKS TO WORK:
- Feature Discussions:
Library of Congress Teacher Blog http://blogs.loc.gov/teachers/
- Five Questions with Robin Butterhof, Digital Conversion Specialist, Newspaper and Current Periodical Reading Room
- Teaching Tolerance - Digital Literacy Videos
********************************** EmergingAmerica.org History eNews welcomes YOUR news & events. Published Wednesdays; deadline Sunday noon. Archived at http://EmergingAmerica.org/blog. - Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from this list. Register for CES events. Teacher-created lessons, primary source sets, & assessments at: http://EmergingAmerica.org. Follow Emerging America on Twitter and Facebook.